French Phonetic Transcription Converter
- Phonetic Transcription of French Words
- French Phonetics – Online Resources
- Do you like this converter? Post a link to this page!
Paste French text here:
Phonetic transcription of French text (IPA phonetic alphabet):
No French text submitted
Phonetic Transcription of French Words
French phonetics can be quite confusing for people who are starting to learn French. Think about it – one French letter can be pronounced in two or three different ways and three to four letters can be pronounced as one sound! Fortunately, the pronunciation rules in the French language are rather strict.
This free online converter allows you to convert French text to phonetic transcription using International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA) symbols. This tool will serve you as a French pronunciation guide. It will save you a lot of time during your first steps in French, until you learn the pronunciation rules. If you use the phonetic transcription regularly in combination with French audio and video recordings, you will be able to improve your pronunciation and listening skills in the French language.
During the development of this converter, I used information from the online resources listed below and other sources.
Note: Maximum number of characters for unregistered users – 700, for registered users – 7,000. For the correct display of the phonetic transcription symbols, make sure that you use the latest version of your web browser and choose the right encoding for this page – Unicode (UTF-8). This converter is only available online and cannot be downloaded to your computer.
French Phonetics – Online Resources
- Phonetics and pronunciation glossary
- French dictionaries online – Project Modelino
- French dictionaries Dicollecte
- French language – Wikipedia
- French alphabet – Wikipedia
- French phonology – Wikipedia
Do you like this converter? Post a link to this page!
HTML link code
<a href="http://learn-foreign-language-phonetics.com/french-phonetic-transcription-converter.php?site_language=english">How to Pronounce French words. French Phonetics Online.</a>
Link code for phpBB forums
[url=http://learn-foreign-language-phonetics.com/french-phonetic-transcription-converter.php?site_language=english]Online French Phonetic Transcription Converter[/url]
Link code for Wikipedia
* [http://learn-foreign-language-phonetics.com/french-phonetic-transcription-converter.php?site_language=english Online French Phonetic Transcription Converter]—Free Online Tool to convert French Text to IPA Phonetic Transcription