Chinese Pinyin Phonetic Transcription Converter
- Phonetic Transcription of Chinese Words
- Chinese Phonetics and Pinyin – Online Resources
- Do you like this converter? Post a link to this page!
Paste Chinese text here (simplified or traditional characters):
Phonetic Transcription of Chinese text (pinyin or IPA phonetic alphabet):
No Chinese text submitted
Phonetic Transcription of Chinese Words
Chinese phonetics can be quite confusing for people who are starting to learn Chinese. The official system to transcribe Chinese characters into Latin script is hanyu pinyin, but some people find that it is not the best way to show how to pronounce Chinese words.
This free online converter allows you to convert Chinese text to either pinyin or phonetic transcription using International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA) symbols. This tool can also annotate Chinese words – add pinyin or IPA phonetic transcription to Chinese text. It will serve you as a Chinese pronunciation guide and will save you a lot of time. You will no longer need to look up the pronunciation of Chinese words in a dictionary. If you use the phonetic transcription regularly in combination with Chinese audio and video recordings, you will be able to improve your pronunciation and listening skills in the Chinese language.
The converter gives a transcription according to the pronunciation rules of standard Mandarin Chinese. The database contains more than 107,000 Chinese words and is based on free Chinese-English dictionary CC-CEDICT.
The converter understands simplified and traditional characters. You may convert your text into:
- pinyin with tone marks,
- pinyin with numbers,
- IPA phonetic symbols.
A special option corrects tones for 一, 不. As you may know, the pronunciation of these two characters changes depending on the surrounding words.
Another option highlights in different colors Chinese words required for Chinese Proficiency Test HSK:
- Chinese words for HSK level 1
- Chinese words for HSK level 2
- Chinese words for HSK level 3
- Chinese words for HSK level 4
- Chinese words for HSK level 5
- Chinese words for HSK level 6
Note: Maximum number of characters for unregistered users - 700, for registered users - 7,000. For the correct display of the phonetic transcription symbols, make sure that you use the latest version of your web browser and choose the right encoding for this page - Unicode (UTF-8). This converter is only available online and cannot be downloaded to your computer.
Chinese Phonetics and Pinyin – Online Resources
- Chinese pinyin subtitles converter
- Phonetics and pronunciation glossary
- Chinese dictionaries online – Project Modelino
- Free Chinese-English dictionary CC-CEDICT
- Chinese language – Wikipedia
- Standard Mandarin Chinese – Wikipedia
- Hanyu pinyin – Wikipedia
- Chinese phonology – Wikipedia
- Simplified Chinese characters – Wikipedia
- Traditional Chinese characters – Wikipedia
- Chinese Proficiency Test HSK – Wikipedia
Do you like this converter? Post a link to this page!
HTML link code
<a href="http://learn-foreign-language-phonetics.com/chinese-pinyin-phonetic-transcription-converter.php?site_language=english">Chinese Pinyin Converter. Hanyu Pinyin Translator. Pinyin Pronunciation.</a>
Link code for phpBB forums
[url=http://learn-foreign-language-phonetics.com/chinese-pinyin-phonetic-transcription-converter.php?site_language=english]Online Chinese Pinyin Phonetic Transcription Converter[/url]
Link code for Wikipedia
* [http://learn-foreign-language-phonetics.com/chinese-pinyin-phonetic-transcription-converter.php?site_language=english Online Chinese Pinyin Phonetic Transcription Converter]—Free Online Tool to convert Chinese Text to IPA Phonetic Transcription or Pinyin